Good post from my colleague about lesser known opportunities in the Civil Service. In view of what you develop through studying physics, physicists might be interested in Digital & Technology, Defence Engineering & Science and Statistical Service Data Science.
I recently attended a very informative Careers Service briefing at HM Treasury. I’ll hope to share other findings from this in a later post, but for now the focus is on a really interesting element of their presentation: lesser known Civil Service opportunities for graduates.
Linsey Chrisman, Graduate Outreach Manager at HMT, highlighted that there’s more Graduate Schemes within the Civil Service than just the Fast Stream. However, some programmes are lesser known for different reasons, such as governmental restrictions around website content and departmental advertising budgets.
The following, potentially lesser known, programmes cover a wide range of career interests:
- DWP Digital and Technology Graduate or Industrial Placement Scheme
- HMRC Tax Professional Programme
- Department for Transport Commercial Fast Track
- MoD Information Graduate Scheme
- Defence Engineering and Science Graduate Scheme
- Defence Commercial Graduate Programme
- DFID Graduate Development Scheme
- Government Statistical Service Data Scientists & Statistical Officers
- Often seen on Civil…
View original post 108 more words