De La Rue provides governments and organisations with the secure products and digital solutions that enable countries to trade, companies to sell, economies to grow and people to move securely around an increasingly connected world. De La Rue partners with governments, central banks and commercial organisations across the world.
In the last three years, De La Rue has provided services to 142 countries, generating over 7 billion unique products and solutions annually – in the form of banknotes, passports and secure product identifiers.
They are currently recruiting for a New Product Development Scientist to work on security document development projects within our Technology Centre in Overton, Hampshire. The New Product Development Scientist will lead projects within the Development Team from idea creation through to product launch following the De La Rue innovation process. You will be involved in the development of scientific, technical and product expertise in key areas such as: coatings, polymer, print and ink technologies.
They are looking for innovative individuals with the following skills;
- Graduate or above in Chemistry, Physics, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or similar subject.
- Industrial experience in bringing a technical and/ or complex products to market either through a focus on technical research or product development.
- Experience of working within coatings, packaging, ink, print, paper or polymer development is advantageous
- Knowledge of polycarbonate security documents and/ or laser engraving/ laser science is desirable.
- Understanding of the processes involved in the delivery of projects or sub-projects with evidence of delivering to challenging timescales.
- Ability to learn the science involved in one or more areas of scientific focus to support the De La Rue product ranges.
- Possess good commercial understanding and able to connect with challenges outside of the Materials Development team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work proactively and independently.
The role will involve travel in the UK and overseas at times
To find out more visit www.delarue.com