Despite physicists being some of the most sought after and well-paid graduates across the UK, many students and teachers still struggle to answer the question: what can I do with a physics degree?
The Ogden Trust has developed some short videos to give you some ideas of potential careers using a physics degree and how you might get there. They can be used by students to discover the day to day tasks involved in a number of careers from engineer, data analyst to astrophysicist.
- John Arnold: entrepreneur and software developer
- Dr Laura Harkness-Brennan: nuclear physics lecturer at the University of Liverpool
- Mike Buttery: project scientist at ESR Technology
- Geraldine Cox: Artist in Residence at the Physics Department, Imperial College, London
- Charlotte Davis: graduate trainee at AMEC
- Paul Gardner: graduate engineer at MMI Engineering
- David Gash: secondary school teacher
- Scot Hickenbottom: PhD student at Liverpool John Moores University
- Dr Heather Williams: Senior Medical Physicist for Nuclear Medicine at Central Manchester University Hospitals; Founding Director of ScienceGrrl
- Richard Williams: PhD in Astrophysics at Liverpool John Moores University.
Here is one and you can see the rest at The Ogden Trust.