If you are looking for a part time job and want something you can start quickly there are still options available. Follow organisations on social media as well as checking their website as social media may be updated faster!
- Supermarkets. Many of the supermarket chains are looking for staff in a variety of functions. Check the careers pages of their websites or it’s also a good idea to check their social media as this may be updated more frequently. Try all the major chains – Aldi, Asda, Co-op, Farmfoods, Iceland, Lidl, Marks and Spencer, Morrisons, Ocado, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Waitrose.
- NHS – check the recruitment site relevant for your location:
- NHS Scotland
- NHS England and Wales (search on COVID-19 for urgent vacancies)
- Health and Social Care Northern Ireland
- Royal Mail. Postal services are still operating and have vacancies available. It could also be worth looking at the largest couriers such as DHL and Hermes.
- Amazon – online retail is busy and Amazon have offices across the country. Keep a check on what’s available.
- Pharmacies. Pharmacies will also be under pressure to maintain levels of service and deliver so check Boots, Lloyds, Well, Gordon, Superdrug and other local pharmacies. Remember that major supermarkets often house pharmacies too.
- Check on MyCareerHub for any vacancies that involve remote working
- Check on Student job for remote working and survey options
- Udrafter is a site that provides micro internships and is aiming to advertise vacancies supporting business in the current crisis
If you need financial support then you can access advice and hardship funding and emergency loans information here.
Additionally – Edinburgh city council have a page available with suggestions on how you can help and volunteer during the crisis if that’s something that you can do safely and have time for.
Keep yourself and others safe out there.